HOPEMAN BOWLING CLUB
It all began in the Memorial Hall in 1927 when the first Men's Indoor Bowling Club was formed.
The outdoor Clubs beginings are described here.
A well-attended meeting took place in the Memorial Hall Hopeman in December 1945 when the proposed Amenities Association was then formed. The primary object of the Amenities was to raise enough funds for a Bowling Green, Tennis Courts and Putting Green.
Fund raising commenced in 1946 at various events. In August that year a fete was held at Inverugie House when the sum of £904 was raised. In September of that year a Bazaar was held and £544 was raised.
With these funds work began on these projects in 1947 and by 1949 all were ready for play to start.
In 1980 the Ladies and Gents Indoor Bowling Clubs ( where play then took place in the Memorial Hall ) amalgamated with the Outdoor Bowling Section. Forming a new club. Hopeman and District Bowling and Social Club in 1985 a new club house was opened. The club grew in strength from then on and in 1994 a new lounge was added.
The club is proud to relate to one of their members namely Mr George Murray who is proud to have won the Highland Bowling Association Singles, Pairs, Triples and Rinks competitions in 1996 the club reached new heights in bowling when they won the Highland Bowling Association Top Ten Tournament for the first time.